Workplace Health & Safety
Central to BJNorth’ s culture is our commitment to the safety and well-being of our workers, contractors, customers and the community. By living our value, to Put Safety First, and demonstrating our Safety Principles, we aim to achieve our safety vision of providing a proficient service incorporating a practical approach to safety.
- Comply or exceed all statutory health and safety requirements and other relevant standards or codes.
- Implement safety initiatives that address priority issues, facilitate early intervention, develop knowledge, and reduce the potential of an incident occurring.
- Provide adequate resources to meet our safety obligations.
- Implement a risk management approach, in consultation with workers and contractors, to identify, assess and control risks to a level as low as reasonably practicable.
- Consult with our workers and contractors about safety and well-being matters to identify ways of reducing safety risks and improving safety systems.
- Educate and train our workers and contractors so they can perform their duties safely.
- Ensure all incidents and near misses are reported, documented, investigated and actions taken to reduce recurrence.
- Recognise positive safety behaviour in line with our Safety Principles of Care, Ownership, Trust and Learning.
- Apply our Safety Accountability Approach to determine the appropriate outcomes for unsafe acts/behaviours.
- Regularly audit safety practices and management systems.
- Provide an effective system of rehabilitation management for injured workers.
- Regularly monitor, review and report safety and well-being performance against agreed targets.